This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Hamilton Recruitment Limited.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time. Currently, the Data Protection Act 1998 applies. However, with effect from 25thMay 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) will come into force, which will change the law.
The information we may collect
Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
- Your name
- Your residential address, email address and telephone number
- CV/employment history
- Any other pertinent personal or work-related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
- Your job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
How we use this information
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or another employment business or agency. The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as a recruitment agency to find you suitable work, whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on your requirements as set out below:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you
- To put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies
- To establish that you are eligible to otherwise have the right or likelihood of success in seeking to work offshore, for example: given the offshore work visa requirements
- To place you with our clients and prospective employers
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
- To keep you informed of the services we offer
How we hold this information
All the personal data we have is stored on our online database.
Disclosure of your information
Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers and our clients, as deemed appropriate given your professional/academic background and preferences and as discussed in the consultation interview.
Once you have secured a placement, additional information may be provided to them to enable the placement to proceed. Such employers and clients will usually be located outside the European Economic Area, given our offshore specialism.
Legal basis for processing information
We will rely on your consent to process the information you provide at the outset of the recruitment process.
Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
You currently have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold. If you would like to make a request for information, please email email@example.com.
In addition to this right of access, when the GDPR comes into force, you will also have the following rights: erasure, restriction of processing, objection and data portability. To do this, use the email address provided above.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time to comply with any further requirements under GDPR regulations or relevant business factors.